Thursday, December 4, 2008

But one was a raisin...

Responding to today's One Minute Writer prompt: Yuck

Raisins. Raisins are like grapes that died and didn't get buried. If you were eating a handful of raisins but one of them was actually a dead fly , how would you know? As far as I'm concerned, if I was eating a handful of dead flies, but one was a raisin... that would just be gross! And as bad as they are on their own, they are even worse when used to defile something that was perfectly good before, like a curry, or chocolate.

2 comments:

CJ said...

I pretty-much agree with you about raisins. I don't "hate" them, but I don't like them either.

When I buy trail mix, I fill a bowl and pick out the raisins while I'm watching TV. My husband loves them, so I put them in a container for him. Like you, what I really hate are raisins in cookies or other foods. I love cinnamon bread, but raisin-cinnamon bread ---I'd have to break it into tiny pieces and put it out for the birds.

pbubyah said...

OR Porridge!