Friday, March 5, 2010

processed


we studied the process of writing in primary school
first giraffe, second giraffe, third giraffe, final copy
publishing
manky old bits of brown paper, maybe newsprint
will become final copy on cartridge paper, put in
some pictures
to get a stamp
NO SPELLING MISTAKES or NO STAMP

I couldn’t be happier to have no unit standards



now Ches and Dale meet in the supermarket
I feel old and stupid, telling my child where I first
met these unemployed icons, restructured
farm labourers
are they in this commercial for penance? work for the dole
I wonder what they did to deserve that
hit by a drought, choked by a bloated dollar

still their kid, like mine, seems to like the cheese
it’s finest cheddar... by-products

1 comment:

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....